Provincial Water Supply and Sanitation Project (PWSSP)
- Project Name: Provincial Water Supply and Sanitation Project (PWSSP)
- Project duration: 2019- 2023
- Budget for ITC: about 1,090,000 euro
- Funded sources: Agence Française de Développement (AFD)
- Status: In progress
- Project Director: HE. Dr. Om Romny, Director of ITC
- Project Manager: Dr. Po Kimtho, Deputy director of ITC
- In charge of research activities: Dr. Oeung Chantha, Deputy director
- In charge of Master’s program: Dr. Chhuon Kong, Dean
The purpose of PWSSP is to implement a Master Program in Urban Water and Sanitation Engineering, for a period from October 22nd, 2018 to December 25th, 2023. The objective of this master’s program is to provide qualified graduates to ministries, provincial departments or the private sector. Those students who commit to work for public institutions in field of Water Supply and Sanitation after graduation will be supported by scholarship. The scholarship also supports students to complete their research thesis both in Cambodia and abroad. The master program is linked to existing master program with common courses. This program consists of:
- A one-year program for students having already complete ITC’s engineering degree, in particular students coming from Rural Engineering or in the Food and Chemical Engineering department
- A two-year program for external students with all prerequisite acquired during the first year.
The grant will cover activities such as capacity building to ITC teaching staffs (training teachers, visiting professors), ITC officer (in charge of day to day management of the program), scholarships, procurement of equipment (treatment of Pilot Scale, flow and quality measurement, etc.) field visit and research project in the field of water supply/ sanitation based on proposals from lecturers.
To be completed